4.6.09

Michel de la Barre - Pièces pour la Flute Traversière

16 tracks - Mp3 320 - RAR 94 Mb - Covers+Booklet

Stephen Preston, flauto traverso
Jordi Savall, viola da gamba
Blandine Verlet, cembalo
Hopkinson Smith, tiorba


Many years ago, I was in the university and I was to listening to a concert, I newly was experiencing the meaning of the baroque music and for this then quite, from the instruments to the sounds, was a discovery.
In the program an unknown and minor author was appearing -De La Barre- with a work of very particular name: L'Inconnu (the unknown).
It was the first time that I heard a baroque flute and simultaneously such an evocative, delicate, intimate piece. Such a particular sound of the instrument was making me feel as if I heard the musician breathe . Everything in this sonata is like to dive in a dream.
IMHO this modest piece summarizes very well the late French baroque: elegance, containment, rhetorical nostalgia, tendresse.
This is also a very rare album.
Enjoy!

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

This is wonderful, many thanks!

guirdias dijo...

I'll say, it's rare alright. And i saw the used one at amazon for $295,00.
Thank you very much for post this magnificent album.